Ian Brown Biography
Local presence. National expertise.
Ian has worked in the financial services industry for more than 20 years; previously as an adviser and senior manager with Halifax Bank of Scotland (HBOS) before establishing Cosgrove Brown Financial Planning Ltd to ensure clients receive high quality financial advice
Ian is a Fellow of the Personal Finance Society (FPFS).
He is also a Certified Financial Planner, accredited by the Institute of Financial Planning, and a Chartered Financial Planner, accredited by the Chartered Insurance Institute.
Professional Qualifications and Examinations
- Certified Financial Planner, Chartered Financial Planner
- Fellow of the Personal Finance Society
- CFP – Financial Planning
- AF3 – Pension Planning
- AF5 – Financial Planning
- G10 – Advanced tax planning & trusts
- G60 – Pension planning
- K10 – Retirement options
- JO1 – Personal taxation
- JO2 – Trusts
- JO4 – Pension Accumulation
- JO5 – Pension Decumulation
- JO6 – Investment principles, markets & risks
- CF6 – Mortgage advice
- CF8 – Long Term Care
- ER1 – Equity Release
- RO5 – Financial Protection
- SV1 – Savings & investment
- RO8 – Pensions Update
- Senior Client Manager with Halifax Bank of Scotland (2000-2004)
- Area Manager (2004-2009)
- Senior Manager, Wealth Planning (2009 – 2011)
- Established Cosgrove Brown Financial Planning Ltd to ensure clients receive high quality financial advice
- Near and post Retirement Planning
- Protection & Inheritance Tax Planning
- Pension review, pension transfer, pension drawdown, pension consolidation
- Capital Enhancement & Capital Protection
The Financial Conduct Authority do not regulate trusts, inheritance tax planning and employee benefits.
What makes us different?
Start your journey to a better financial future
You can talk to us in confidence about protecting your income and your family, residential and business mortgages, pensions, SIPPs, annuities, income drawdown, inheritance tax, wills and tax efficient investments. The first meeting is at our expense and without any obligation
You can contact us via telephone, email, or use the contact form below: